Sometimes a transaction with a previous month’s date will end up on the current month’s budget and also tracked in the current month. This is typically because there is an assumption that EveryDollar will automatically put that transaction in the previous month. EveryDollar does not automatically track a transaction to a previous month’s budget so it requires users to view the correct month’s budget before tracking that transaction. No worries!
How to move a tracked transaction to a different month on the computer version of EveryDollar at everydollar.com:
1. Click on the Budget Item that contains the transaction you want to move. The Budget Item detail card will pop up on the right side of the page.
3. Scroll through the transactions assigned to this Budget Item.
4. Click the transaction you would like to move.
5. Click the minus sign (-) next to the name of the budget item where it's assigned.
6. Click the blue "Save Changes" button to save your changes.
*The transaction will now appear under your "New Transactions" list. Navigate to the correct month by clicking the month at the top of the budget and choosing the month where you want to move the transaction. Then, drag the transaction into the appropriate category.