Long-term planning is finally available in EveryDollar! With the new financial roadmap feature, you can:
- Get a complete picture of your financial plan.
- See your current and projected net worth—including when you’ll hit millionaire status.
- Set a goal for retirement date and age.
- See when you can expect to hit each milestone and complete each Baby Step.
- Customize the plan by adding personal goals and see how they affect your overall progress.
- Always know if you’re on or off track.
- Play with your numbers and see what you could do by putting extra toward your goals.
It’s like having a financial advisor in your pocket!
The financial roadmap feature is built on the 7 Baby Steps—Dave Ramsey’s simple plan that helps anyone get out of debt, build lasting wealth, and take control of their money. You’ll get on the path to financial peace and reach your goals faster.
Here’s how to get started:
- On the web version of EveryDollar, click on Goals, then select Financial Roadmap.
- Click Get Started.
- Enter your personal information (age, current income, desired retirement age).
- Plug in your numbers for each Baby Step. If you’re not totally sure, you can always take a guess and adjust it later.
- You should see how your net worth changes over time, including when you can expect to hit millionaire status.
- If you want to see some different scenarios, change up your extra amount and watch what happens if you put more or less toward your goals.
Once you see where you’re headed, you’ll always know the next right step to take that will get you there. And you’ll still use your EveryDollar budget to keep you on track every month.
If you still have questions, check out the financial roadmap FAQ.