Good news! Now EveryDollar and the Debt Snowball Tool work together. Hand in hand. Here’s how:
- When you set a debt-free date using the Debt Snowball Tool in financialpeace.com or the BabySteps app, we'll use that data to set planned payment amounts in EveryDollar.
- This helps you stay on track to hit your Debt Free Date goal.
- If you need to add a debt, do that from the Debt Snowball Tool or BabySteps app. The next time you create a budget that debt will show up in EveryDollar.
- If you need to update the balance of a budget, you can from the Debt Snowball Tool or BabySteps app. The new balance will show automatically in EveryDollar.
- You need a recently updated Debt Snowball in order for EveryDollar to sync to it. So if you don't get the message the next time you log in to EveryDollar, go ahead and update your Debt Snowball. That should trigger the syncing!
Make sure you’re updating the balance in the Debt Snowball Tool or Baby Steps app. Don’t just
track your payments. Why? Because part of each payment goes to the balance, another
part goes to interest. That interest part doesn’t lower your balance. Because interest is the
Hey—keep crushing this debt. You’ve got this!