Here are some key areas that make EveryDollar different from other budgeting tools:
1. Most budgeting tools fall into one of two categories.
- The ones in the first category act like accounting packages with a budgeting tool built on top. They are powerful, but complicated to set up. And even harder to maintain over time.
- Tools in the second (and newer) category focus on tracking spending, but they don’t put much emphasis on actually building a budget. EveryDollar makes it easy to set up a budget and track your spending.
2. Most budgeting tools are set up in a way that makes people look backward at their money. Those tools tell you what you already spent on groceries or gas. That's nice, but not very helpful. What really matters is making a plan for the money you are going to spend. EveryDollar helps you look forward with your money and take control of it so you can pay off debt, build savings, and more!
3. EveryDollar provides the perfect blend of automation and flexibility that’s tough to find with other software. EveryDollar allows you to name each dollar before the month begins AND track your expenses in real-time. You make your budget look and feel the way you want it, you keep your spending under control, and you win with money.