Monthly expenses need to be tracked inside of EveryDollar so you know how much you spent versus what you planned.
The free version of EveryDollar does not allow for adding bank accounts, however, transactions can be added manually on both the free and paid versions. EveryDollar Premium is required to add bank accounts for automatic transaction import.
Here's how to add a new transaction on the mobile app and website:
- a) On the website version at everydollar.com, start by clicking Transactions and then the blue circle with a white plus sign in the bottom right corner of the screen.
b) On the EveryDollar mobile app, tap the white plus sign in the top right of the screen.
- Choose Expense or Income depending on what type of transaction you're adding.
- Fill in the Date, Amount, and Merchant fields in the window that pops up.
- Click/tap Choose Budget Item(s) / Budget Item(s).
*If you prefer not to assign a budget item yet, you can just click "Add Expense"/"Done". Later, when you're ready to assign the transaction, you can simply drag and drop it into the budget item of your choosing.
- Select the appropriate budget item.
- Click the blue Track Expense button (web) or Done (mobile) in the top right corner to save your transaction.